Open Evening – Tuesday 1st July, 7.30pm
Acting on stage, dressing up like Pink Panthers, writing a new play…just a few of the things we’ve done in the last month or two!
Grantham Dramatic Society is holding an Open Evening on Tuesday 1st July from 7.30pm. It’s your relaxed, no-commitment opportunity to come and see what we get up to before casting begins for Blackadder Goes Forth.
Whether you’re simply looking for something new to do, or specifically thinking about joining a drama group, now is the perfect time. Find out more about acting, set-building, costume, hair and makeup, marketing, technical and everything else that makes a show happen!
Free drinks and nibbles will be provided - surely that's a good reason to come along!
Blackadder Goes Forth casting - Tuesday 8th, Thursday 10th, Tuesday 15th July, 7.30pm
Our November production will be Blackadder Goes Forth, on stage at the Guildhall Arts Centre from 26th to 29th November. All acting and backstage roles will be up for grabs.
Casting sessions will begin with an informal read-through of the script. We often cast newcomers so now's the time to grab your moment in the spotlight. Please attend as many casting sessions as possible to help us gauge your suitability for a role. There are lots of clips on YouTube so check them out to get a feel for the parts.
Parts available - all ages are approximate (makeup works wonders!):
- Edmund Blackadder - playing age 20s-50s - wryly sarcastic leading male
- Baldrick - playing age 20s to 50s - grubby, downtrodden, not too bright!
- George - playing age 20s to 40s - enthusiastic, naive and a bit dim
- Darling - playing age 20s to 40s - Melchett's grovelling minion, Blackadder's arch-rival
- Melchett - playing age 30s to 60s - General, blustering and pompous
- Field Marshall Haig - playing age 40s to 60s - cameo role, arrogant commander
- plus approximately 3-6 further male roles TBC, mixed ages
- Bob - playing age 18 to 30+ - female posing as a man
- Nurse Mary - playing age 20s to 40s - hard-edged, smart, love interest
To be considered for a part you must be available from 24th to 29th November, plus preferably the week before. You don't have to be a member to audition, but you will need to join us to take part in the production. Feel free to come to the castings even if you're only interested in backstage roles; you won't be forced to read!
All sessions will be at our rehearsal room – ‘The Green Room’ – check the map for our location